Give The Gift Of Education.
· School fees including enrollment, teacher salaries, teacher development, and administration. $50
· School uniform including 3 tops and 2 bottoms. $25
· Study materials. Student's school supplies. $25
· Transportation including gas, maintenance, and driver 5 days per week R/T from school. $20
· Sport participation including uniform/shoes student participation in league sport w/ other local schools. $20
· Health checkups, medical and dental check-ups arranged with Sonja Kill Memorial Hospital per school semester. $25
· Nutritional needs. Daily school nutrition program including meal, snack, and vitamin for one year. $55
Including tracking the health of each student at the beginning of the school term in order to see their progress.
· Extracurricular activities. Field trips, etc., $25 Project based learning.
Our mission at Sala Monkey Primary School (SMPS) Is to provide the children of rural Kep with an international English language based education.
Sala Monkey Primary School is a supplemental education program designed to compliment the student’s native Khmer education at public school rather than replace it. Our objective is to provide the students with a high level of English language instruction to not only achieve fluency in English conversation, but also gain knowledge in a variety of subjects. The students attend public school in the morning (4 hours) and Sala Monkey Primary School in the afternoon (4 hours) giving them a well rounded and supportive education.
Our education program is continually evolving. In addition to providing the students with quality learning opportunities in English, we are simultaneously focused on developing our students into community leaders enabled with critical thinking skills and the ability to develop sustainable solutions for many of the problems that they and their families face on a daily basis; such as lack of financial security, money management, entrepreneurship mindset, health care education, sustainable farming, and much more. Our focus is on the present and the future.
Our Approach To Learning
Project Based Learning (PBL) has become a core part of our educational approach. PBL provides hands-on opportunities for our students to take charge of their own learning. They select a topic of interest, identify a problem or need and work towards building real life solutions. Developing our students’ creative mindset through instruction and support of innovative design and ideas.